The St. Louis Muny has announced its 2015 season, which includes three shows that are new to its stage.
The 97th season begins June 15 with "My Fair Lady" and ends Aug. 16 with another classic, "Oklahoma!" In between, The Muny presents for the first time "Irving Berlin's Holiday Inn," "Buddy - The Buddy Holly Story" and Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine’s "Into the Woods," a mashup of fairy-tale characters for adults, followed by children's story "Beauty and the Beast."
In a news release, Muny president Denny Reagan praised artistic director Mike Isaacson for his first three seasons.
"His passion and creativity have brought a welcome burst of energy to The Muny, and with the recent extension of Mike’s contract, the wonderful collaboration we have shared for his first three seasons will continue to produce years of magical moments for Muny audiences,” Reagan said.
Here's the full schedule for The Muny's 2015 season:
- My Fair Lady (June 15 – June 21)
- Hairspray (June 23 – June 30)
- Irving Berlin’s Holiday Inn (July 6 – July 12)
- Buddy – The Buddy Holly Story (July 13 – July 19)
- Into The Woods (July 21 – July 27)
- Disney’s Beauty and The Beast (July 29 – Aug. 7)
- Oklahoma! (August 10 – August 16)
Follow Nancy Fowler on Twitter: @NancyFowlerSTL