8 Mo. law officers awarded Medal of Valor
Eight law enforcement officers have received Medal of Valor awards from Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon for acts of heroism - among them are officers from the St. Louis region.
Nixon presented the medals Wednesday during a ceremony at the state Capitol. The annual awards are based on the recommendation of a special review board.
The medal recipients for actions that occurred in 2010 are:
- Mathew Crosby and Jorden Lewis of the Rock Hill Police Department;
- Donald Doza of the Missouri State Highway Patrol;
- Joseph Haman of the St. Louis Police Department;
- Steven Landsness of the O'Fallon Police Department;
- Darren Rodgers of the Arnold Police Department;
- Gerald Williams of the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office; and
- Kenneth Smith Jr. of the St. Joseph Police Department.
For more photos of today's ceremony, here's a Flickr album put together by the Mo. Dept. of Public Safety: