Art&Air Fair Returns To Webster Groves | St. Louis Public Radio

Art&Air Fair Returns To Webster Groves

Jun 6, 2014

The Art&Air Fair is back on the grounds of Eden Theological Seminary for an 11th year this weekend. Opening tonight and running through Sunday, June 8, the fair is hosting 115 artists from across the country. The artists are entered in a juried competition for best in show and other award categories. Local musicians and restaurants will also be featured to complete the festival atmosphere.

“The entire feeling of it is just very hospitable,” said Webster Community Arts Foundation(WCAF) President Janice Seele. WCAF organizes the fair. “It is a really nice, casual atmosphere. And with that, it’s really accessible with the artists as well. I think one of the nicest things about an art fair is that you get to talk with the artists before you buy the piece.”

“The nice thing about Art&Air is not only is it accessible but we really do try in jurying the whole show, not only to get that wonderful quality but to have a wide variety of types of arts and price ranges of art, so everybody can find something to bring home,” added Seele.

About 30 percent of the artists in the show are local, with the remaining 70 percent traveling from a total of 23 states, said WCAF Executive Director Jeane Vogel.

“So people are traveling to this show and they’re bringing really fantastic art,” said Vogel.

Art in the show is divided into 10 categories and include jewelry, glass, fiber, wood, sculpture, painting, photography and paper.

Related Event

Webster Community Arts Foundation Presents "Art&Air" Fair
Friday, June 6, 2014
6:00 - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 7, 2014
11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 8, 20134
12:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Eden Theological Seminary, Corner of Lockwood and Bompart Avenues
 Webster Community Arts Foundation website

Cityscape is produced by Mary Edwards and Alex Heuer and sponsored in part by the Missouri Arts Council, the Regional Arts Commission, and the Arts and Education Council of Greater St. Louis.