Cherokee Street flag contest announced
The artistic community of St. Louis' Cherokee Street is looking for someone creative to put their own mark on the area. Via the Cherokee Street News, the Cherokee Station Business Association has announced a "Cherokee Street Flag Contest."
- Over the next three weeks, "any St Louis resident active in the Cherokee community and interested in making it a better place" may submit their design. April 8 is the deadline for submissions.
- "Later on, we’ll have our friends at STL-Style whip up a batch of flags to be featured prominently around the street and at the upcoming Cinco de Mayo festival," the Cherokee Street News says.
Selecting the Finalists
- The announcement says an online voting system will be used to determine the finalists via a poll.
- After five finalists are determined, the marketing team of CSBA will determine the winning design, to be announced during the Cherokee Street Cinco de Mayo parade.
What does the winner receive?
- Prizes for the winning design include "a prize package including $150 cash and their very own Cherokee Street Flag."
To learn more about the contest and submit your design, check out the original post on Cherokee Street News.