Cardinal Nation will have one last chance Thursday to say goodbye to "Stan the Man."
The visitation for Musial, who died Saturday at the age of 92, will be Thursday from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Cathedral Basilica at 4431 Lindell Blvd. in the Central West End. Here are the details:
- Both Rosati-Kain High School and St. Louis the King School at the Cathedral are closed on Thursday, and the noon Mass is canceled.
- Lindell Blvd will remain open, but just one lane of traffic will be able to get by near the Cathedral.
- Visitors are asked to park at a 45-degree angle along Lindell between Newstead and Taylor. Officers with the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department will be there to assist.
- The Archdiocese of St. Louis is asking those wishing to pay their respects to Musial to enter through the main doors of the Cathedral, which face Lindell.
- Musial's family is asking that any mementos be left at his statue near Busch Stadium. Please do not bring them to the Cathedral.
- The funeral and burial on Saturday are both private.