FAA: St. Louis Regional Airport To Lose Control Tower Due To Sequester
The Federal Aviation Administration has announced a list of 149 contracted control towers slated for closure due to the Administration's "sequestration implementation plan."
In the Missouri and Illinois, those towers include:
- Columbia Regional Airport - Columbia, Mo. (For more on this closure, see this post by KBIA)
- Branson Airport - Hollister, Mo.
- St. Louis Regional Airport - East Alton, Ill.
- Southern Illinois Airport - Carbondale, Ill.
- Central Illinois Regional Airport - Bloomington-Normal, Ill.
- Decatur Airport - Decatur, Ill.
- Waukegan Regional Airport - Waukegan, Ill.
The Administration says that the towers will begin to close around the country on April 7.