Today on "St. Louis on the Air," we announced that we'll be hosting the St. Louis Mayoral Primary Forum. Here are some of the details:
- The forum will be broadcast live on Monday, Feb. 11 at 11 a.m. on 90.7 FM over the air and online.
- The forum will include those seeking the Democratic nomination for mayor - incumbent Mayor Francis Slay, Aldermanic President Lewis Reed, and former St. Louis Alderman Jimmie Matthews.
- Our own Don Marsh, host of "St. Louis on the Air" will serve as moderator.
We'd love for you to join us, and there are a few ways for you to do so:
- Be there, in person: The event will be at our new home, UMSL at Grand Center at 3651 Olive St. Seating will be available to the public on a first-come, first-served basis and will begin promptly at 10:30 a.m. until all seats are filled. There will not be any overflow seating or standing room available. Doors will be closed at 10:55 a.m. and no one will be permitted to enter the room at that time. Political and/or candidate signage or banners will not be permitted.
- Listen: In addition to the live broadcast at 11 a.m., audio of the broadcast will be available later that afternoon online at www.stlpublicradio.org and will be rebroadcast on St. Louis Public Radio at 10 p.m. Monday.
- Chat with us: We'll have a live chat at stlpublicradio.org going on to coincide with the 11 a.m. broadcast. Come ready with your questions and ideas about the race and the candidates.
- Watch: In collaboration with The Nine Network of Public Media, the forum will also be broadcast on Monday at 10:30 p.m. on the station’s main channel Nine PBS, 9.1 and 8 p.m. on Nine World, 9.3. Additionally, the forum will air on February 17 at 11 a.m. on Nine PBS, 9.1.
Find out more about the mayoral race and candidates via the stories below.