Muny announces 2012 season
Updated to correct spelling of Isaacson's name.
Four new shows will mark the Muny's first season under new executive director Mike Isaacson.
One of those shows has appeared on the Muny state before, says Kate Lane, Isaacson's assistant. But the Muny did not produce the version of "Chicago" that theatergoers saw in 1977. Instead, the Broadway cast left New York for a week of performances. This will be the first time the Muny itself produces the show.
Final performance dates, show order, and times haven't been released yet, so in no particular order, here is the 2012 Muny season, with their most recent performance year, if applicable:
- The Muny production of "Aladdin" (new)
- "Chicago" (The Broadway production traveled here in 1977)
- "Dreamgirls" (new)
- "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" (2007)
- "The King and I" (2006)
- "Pirates!" (A re-imagining of Gilbert and Sullivan's "Pirates of Penzance.")
- "Thoroughly Modern Millie" (new)