Despite the onslaught of rain and thunderstorms, the Missouri Department of Transportation says it will move ahead with planned road closures over the weekend.
Several interstate lanes and ramps will be closed while dozens of repairs to the roadways are made.
Deanna Venker, with MoDOT, says the numerous closures might seem like they’d cause a huge headache, but they will actually reduce the impact on drivers.
“We’re trying to incorporate as much work as we can in to these closures when we have to do them,” Venker said.
By making dozens of repairs at once, MoDOT expects to spend fewer weekends out on the road.
Detours will be set up but drivers should expect delays. The road closures will start Friday at 7 p.m. and roads will open back up Monday at 5 a.m.
Here is a list of all lane and ramp closures:
- Two lanes on Poplar Street Bridge closed in both directions
- Westbound Poplar Street Bridge to southbound I-55 ramp closed - Friday 9 p.m. to Saturday 9 a.m.
- Eastbound I-64 closed from Jefferson to the Poplar Street Bridge
- Westbound I-64 will have one lane open from the Poplar Street Bridge to 14th Street
- Forest Park Ave to eastbound I-64
- Ewing ramp to eastbound I-64
- 6th Street ramp to eastbound I-64
- Pine Street ramp to westbound and eastbound I-64 closed
- Broadway ramp to westbound I-64 closed
- 10th Street ramp to westbound I-64 closed
The Delmar Boulevard Bridge over I-170 will be permanently closed until reconstruction is complete. The bridge was closed Monday after it was determined to be unsafe for public use.
While the bridge is closed, drivers can use McKnight and Price roads to detour around the closure.