Pearl Harbor survivor awarded eight medals in St. Louis
A 30-year veteran of the United States Postal Service received recognition today for his veteran status of another kind.
91-year-old John T. Moton, Jr. was awarded eight different medals for his service in the United States Navy, KMOV reports.
Congressman Lacy Clay presented the medals in his office this morning and included the following:
- World War II Victory Medal
- Asiatic Pacific Campaign Medal with one bronze star
- American Defense Service Medal with Fleet Clasp
- Combat Action Ribbon
- American Campaign Medal
- Navy Discharge Button and Honorable Service Lapel Pin (Ruptured Duck)
- Navy Good Conduct Medal
- Pearl Harbor Commemorative Medal (seen above)