Motorists planning to use Interstate 64 in downtown St. Louis this weekend, or travel on the Poplar Street Bridge, may need to find an alternative route.
Here's the Missouri Department of Transportation's summary of the specifics:
- I-64 Westbound will close at 8 a.m., Saturday, after the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure begins. Motorists heading to the race need to get downtown early.
- Westbound I-64 will reopen at noon on Sunday, but work will continue in this area until 3 a.m., Monday.
- On eastbound I-64, only one lane will be open between the 21st Street and the Poplar Street Bridge from 8 a.m., Saturday to 3 a.m., Monday.
- On the Poplar Street Bridge, there will be various lane closures in both directions on the bridge from 8 a.m., Saturday to 3 a.m., Monday.
- Illinois motorists heading westbound will need to exit at the I-70/I-55 ramp.
- MoDOT strongly urges motorists to avoid the Poplar Street Bridge area because there will be traffic back-ups into Illinois. Use alternate routes to get into Missouri, such as I-255, or the Eads, McKinley or Martin Luther King bridges.
Check out this map from MoDOT for more detailed information about alternative routes.