St. Louis has been named the "Most Sinful City In America" by real estate blog Movoto.
In the "seven deadly" categories, it appears we're, well, tops - if you could call it that.
Movoto says they determined the list of the top 10 most sinful cities on the following criteria representing the "seven deadly" categories for "modern city living." (Read more about their methodology):
- Strip clubs per capita (Lust)
- Cosmetic surgeons per capita (Pride)
- Violent crime per year per 1,000 residents (Wrath)
- Theft per year per 1,000 residents (Envy)
- Percentage of disposable income given to charity each year (Greed)
- Percentage of obese residents (Gluttony)
- Percentage of physically inactive residents (Sloth)
And about St. Louis' ranking by number of violent crimes in the "Wrath" category? We asked Movoto about which FBI data they used, exactly (here's why asking about that is important - reported "St. Louis" crime data is not without controversy).
Movoto says that they just used data from St. Louis City to compile the list - not data from the metropolitan area as a whole.
Here's Movoto's full gallery of all of the "sinful" cities on their list:
The 10 Most Sinful Cities in America By Movoto