Traffic tips for your weekend
By Rachel Lippmann • Jun 22, 2012
Got somewhere to be in St. Louis this weekend? Here are a few traffic notes from the Missouri Department of Transportation and Metro.
- Ongoing work on the double-deck of Interstate 64 in downtown will close westbound lanes for a portion of the weekend.
- All lanes of westbound 64 between Broadway and 21st Street will close Friday at 10 a.m. Crews will re-open one lane between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. Saturday for the Race for the Cure. After 10 a.m., the lanes will be closed until 3 a.m. Monday. The ramps from 10th and 14th streets to westbound I-64 will remain open.
- Detour for the closure is Interstate 44 to Jefferson.
- Two lanes on eastbound I-70 between the Blanchette Bridge and the Earth City Expressway will be closed between 7:30 p.m. tonight and 5 a.m. Monday. Two ramps will be closed after 9 p.m. tonight, but traffic going to and from Verizon Wireless Ampitheater should not be affected.
To accommodate the Race for the Cure, Metro is making the following schedule changes:
- MetroLink trains will run every 7 minutes between Fairview Heights and Forest Park-DeBaliviere until noon on Saturday, and every 15 minutes east of Fairview Heights, between Forest Park and Lambert, and Forest Park and Shrewsbury, also until noon on Saturday.
- There will be extra ticket staff at high-traffic stations
- Popular Park-and-Ride lots will fill quickly, so arrive early or consider alternatives, such as the Brentwood/I-64 garage, or Swansea and East Riverfront in Illinois.
- Some Metro Bus routes will be detoured because of the Komen race. Those are detailed here - look for a re-route labeled"Run."