Unemployment numbers released for St. Louis
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics released data today about the state of unemployment over the past year for the St. Louis Mo.-Ill metropolitan area. We have some of the highlights for you:
- St. Louis Mo.-Ill. registered an unemployment rate of 9.3 percent in October 2010 (not seasonally adjusted).
- Nationally, the unemployment rate was 9.0 percent in October 2010, not seasonally adjusted.
- Employment rose in St. Louis at a rate of 0.1 percent, but not as much as it did nationally, 0.5 percent.
So who was getting hired?
- Education and Health Services: 4,400 hired
- Leisure and Hospitality: 1,300 hired
And who was let go?
- Mining, logging and construction: Down 3,000 from one year ago.
More detailed current data can be found on the Metropolitan Area Summary Pages.