Updated with link to winners' bios and photos.
The revived Saint Louis Visionary Awards is recognizing seven individuals in its 2015 list of women who are making a difference in the arts.
The awards, which began in 2003 under the umbrella of Grand Center Inc., skipped 2014 but are back this year through the efforts of an independent group of woman, many of them past Visionary winners. The awards are no longer connected with Grand Center. The 2015 list can be found here. It includes:
- Kelly Pollock, executive director of COCA (Outstanding Arts Professional)
- Amy Kaiser, chorus director of St. Louis Symphony (Successful Working Artist)
- Thelma Steward, community volunteer (Major Contributor to the Arts)
- Ilene Berman, public art advocate (Community Arts Educator)
- Shualee Cook, playwright (Emerging Artist)
- Cecilia Nadal, cross-cultural leader (Community Impact Artist)
- Freida Wheaton, arts activist (Community Impact Artist).
The women will be publicly recognized at an April 27 ceremony at the Centene Center for Arts & Education. Information about sponsorships and $50 individual tickets is available at the Visionary Awards website.
Follow Nancy Fowler on Twitter: @NancyFowlerSTL