The Admiral riverboat was the site of a two-alarm fire today which was quickly brought under control by firefighters.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the blaze may have been started in some grease-coated ductwork by a worker's torch when he was cutting through the duct material.
UPDATED 4:46 p.m. Dec. 15, 2010:
KSDK is reporting that the fire was in an unoccupied, one-story, brick warehouse near Gratiot and Theresa.
They also report that a cutting torch, perhaps being used for workers to ready the space for a new occupant, is to blame for the blaze.
A large fire has been reported near the Steelcoate building near Chouteau Ave. and Grand Blvd. We'll keep you updated as we confirm more about this story.
St. Louis Public Radio is a service of the University of Missouri-St. Louis.