James Wisniewski

(via Wikimedia Commons/AlexiusHoratius)

An attorney whose client got a $6.3 million payout in a case against a southwestern Illinois diocese says that diocese has settled three more lawsuits involving sexual abuse of minors by priests.

Mike Weilmuenster says two of the cases settled last week by the Diocese of Belleville involve allegations against the Rev. Raymond Kownacki.

(via Wikimedia Commons/AlexiusHoratius)

In an update to a story we've been following and told you more about earlier this morning:

A nine-year legal fight by a man sexually abused by a priest in the 1970s is over, now that a southern Illinois diocese and its insurer have handed over $6.3 million to resolve a jury award in the man's favor.

(via Wikimedia Commons/AlexiusHoratius)

An attorney for a man sexually abused by a southwestern Illinois priest says his client soon will receive $6.3 million related to a lawsuit the man won against the Diocese of Belleville.

Mike Weilmuenster tells the Belleville News-Democrat that a court hearing Wednesday in St. Clair County could involve the payout to James Wisniewski of Champaign.

A southern Illinois appeals court has refused to overturn a $5 million jury award against the Diocese of Belleville to a former altar boy who claimed he was sexually abused by a priest.