State health officials say five people from central Missouri, including two toddlers, have contracted E. coli since late March.
The state health department said Monday it had not determined the source of the bacteria. But a Boone County health spokeswoman says three of the patients, including a 2-year-old, reported drinking raw dairy products.
The department says the 2-year-old was hospitalized and a 17-month-old developed life-threatening complications affecting the kidneys.
We have an update on that steam pipe rupture that happened in downtown St. Louis Thursday morning. The City of St. Louis Department of Health says that "while swab samples have indicated small amounts of ground level asbestos, air quality tests have come back clean."