STLPR's Annual Celebration
7 p.m. Dinner
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
999 N 2nd St, St. Louis, MO 63102
Co-Host of All Things Considered
Juana Summers is a co-host of NPR's All Things Considered, alongside Ailsa Chang, Ari Shapiro and Mary Louise Kelly. She joined All Things Considered in June 2022.
Summers previously spent more than a decade covering national politics, most recently as NPR's political correspondent covering race, justice and politics. She covered the 2012, 2016 and 2020 presidential elections, and has also previously covered Congress for NPR. Her work has appeared in a variety of publications across multiple platforms, including Politico, CNN, Mashable and The Associated Press.
In 2016, Summers was a fellow at the Georgetown University Institute of Politics and Public Service. She got her start in public radio at KBIA in Columbia, Mo., on the campus of the University of Missouri. She is a graduate of the Missouri School of Journalism, and is originally from Kansas City, Mo.
Red and Black Brass Band
In the midst of the pandemic, the Red and Black Brass Brand has spread joy and positivity throughout the St. Louis region. In our new favorite tradition, they're bringing that same joy and positivity to our annual celebration with an exciting dessert performance!
Our live auction includes a number of exciting experiences.More auction item details coming soon.
Your personal penthouse in Cabo San Lucas
Spend a week at the 5-star Pueblo Bonita Rosé Resort in the Presidential Suite! With two bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, dining room and living room, you’ll be right at home just steps from El Medano beach on one of the most pristine stretches of Baja California. Walk into Cabo to enjoy the restaurants and shops, make an appointment at the resort spa or just relax on the beach.This beautiful suite is ideal for a family of four or two couples.
Experience the heartbeat of Belize
A five-night stay for four in beautiful Maya Beach, just a short journey away from the quaint village of Placencia! This beach resort has beautifully appointed, modern suites with on-site restaurants and a swim-up bar in one of Belize’s largest pools. The resort offers a fitness center and full-service spa. Guests can enjoy paddle-boards, kayaks, bicycles, and volleyball on The Placencia’s private beach. Guests can also explore Placencia Village by hopping on the complimentary area shuttle. There is no shortage of fun things to do including a wide variety of jungle tours, fishing trips, and much more. Finally, guests will visit the resorts two acre private island, Ranguana Caye, and spend their day in a pristine tropical paradise sipping on a frozen cocktail, snorkeling, or playing beach games.
This stunning package includes two-bedroom suite accommodations and a day trip to the beautiful private island, Ranguana Caye for four guests at a small consignment fee.
International airfare to BZE Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport, commuter airfare to Placencia, off-site tours (except the excursion to Ranguana Caye), SCUBA diving, fishing, and food and beverage are not included in the package. Winners have free rein over the calendar except Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s weeks.
Winner must stay within two years of the auction date.
STLPR’s VIP For a Year
You can be the STLPR VIP for a year! You and a guest can join us for exclusive, behind-the-scenes STLPR experiences including joining the producers of St. Louis on the Air as they produce the show and joining Mike Schrand in studio for Morning Edition. You will also be invited to gather seven of your friends to compete in MetroQuest on September 21, AND you are guaranteed two reserved seats to ALL the following STLPR events:
- First Mondays with the Arianna String Quartet (6 performances)
- The Story Collider (3 shows)
- Breakfast with Nina Totenberg (10/13/23)
- National podcast recording (TBA)
- 2024 STLPR Annual Celebration (TBA)
- MetroQuest team of up to 10 players (9/23/23)
- VIP access including preferred seating and drink tickets for free STLPR events (Best of Shorts, STLPR Theatre Showcase, street festival, etc)
… and any other events that are added to our calendar in the next 12 months! Whether you come to all the events yourself or spread the tickets among friends, this is a great opportunity to see the full breadth of what St. Louis Public Radio does in our community.
One-of-a-kind hand crafted guitar by local luthier Dan O’Grady
This guitar dubbed “Mango Tango” has been designed to capture the tone and feel of the classic single cutaway, dual humbucker guitar of the 1950s and 1960s, the iconic Gibson Les Paul, while refining the classic single cutaway concept for maximum playability and inspiration for the player.
- Signed and numbered.
- The hand carved, mahogany set neck should prove to be very stable and comfortable to play.
- The 24.562” scale rosewood fretboard has a 12” radius with medium jumbo frets, curly maple binding, and a hand-shaped bone nut.
- The Venetian cutaway style body is African mahogany, with a “sandwich” layer of curly maple between the core and top.
- The top is a strikingly figured bookmatched mango.
- The headstock veneer and control covers are fashioned from the same mango as the top.
- All wood used is responsibly harvested per CITES regulations.
- The environmentally friendly waterborne clearcoat finish highlights the beauty of the wood.
- A matched set of Parsons Street humbucker pickups accommodate a variety of musical styles.
- The pickups have a master volume and individual tone controls using CTS pots.
- The pickup mounting rings are topped with rosewood, and the knobs are Tintul wood.
- All gold hardware, including a Pigtail style wraparound bridge with adjustable saddles, and Gotoh vintage style tuners.
A private concert from the world renowned Arianna String Quartet
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to bring the world renowned Arianna String Quartet into your home for a private performance.
Formed in 1992, the ASQ has been hailed for their outstanding musicianship, the Arianna String Quartet has firmly established itself as one of America’s finest chamber ensembles. Their performances have been praised for “tonal warmth, fastidious balance and expressive vitality” (Chicago Tribune) and “emotional commitment and fluent virtuosity,” (Pretoria News, South Africa). They’ve garnered national attention by winning the Grand Prize in the Fischoff Chamber Music Competition, First Prize in both the Coleman and Carmel Chamber Music Competitions, and were Laureates in the Bordeaux International String Quartet Competition.
Since 2000, the members of the Arianna String Quartet have been the full-time string faculty at the University of Missouri-St. Louis. The quartet performs a regular lecture series at STLPR called “First Mondays with the ASQ.” In this series, they are joined by experts from an array of disciplines, from chemistry to beer brewing, exploring the intersection between their crafts.
The Arianna Quartet has appeared throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and in South Africa. They have collaborated with many of the world’s finest musicians, including members of the Vermeer, Tokyo, Cleveland and Juilliard Quartets, and their live performances have been heard on National Public Radio’s “Performance Today,” and “Live from Music Mountain”, which broadcasts to 125 stations in the U.S. and to 35 countries. The ASQ has recorded for Albany Records and Urtext Digital Classics, and extensively with Centaur Records.
The lucky drawing winner gets their choice an exclusive set of prizes!Coming Soon!
- Karen Handelman & Marc Hirshman
- Suzie Nall
- Kit Watson
- Jane Arnold
- Anne & Brad Bishop
- Sara Yang Bosco & Joseph Bosco
- John Brase & Ed Giganti
- Deb Dubin
- Chris & Tom Eschen
- Molly & Steven Frank
- Maria Gerritzen
- Nancy Hawes
- Maureen & Charlie Hoffman
- Peggy & Mark Holly
- Russell Jackson
- Audrey Katcher
- Diane & David Katzman
- Elizabeth Pippert Larson & Ian Larson
- Lyah LeFlore-Ituen
- Charlotte & John Martin
- Katherine & Daniel Mauzy
- Keri & Matt McBride
- Sultan Meghji
- Libbyanne & John Nguyen
- Claudia Ochoa-Espejo
- Eriko Clevenger Pope & Anthony Pope
- Claire Schenk & Richard Greenberg
- Jenifer & Willem Schilpzand
- Pat & Ken Schutte
- Rebecca & John Sheehan
- Diane Sher
- Cristy & Emery Skolfield
- Kristin Sobolik & Scott Peterson
- Susanne Franza Valdez
- Daniela Velázquez
- Jennifer Williamson & Allan Connolly