Veteran lineman killed while restoring power in Ladue
By Matt Sepic, KWMU
St. Louis, MO – An AmerenUE employee died after being electrocuted Tuesday in Ladue.
Robert Tackett, 56, touched a live wire that had been obscured by brush.
Ameren spokeswoman Susan Gallagher said the company is reviewing the incident.
"Every time there's an accident like this, there's an enormous amount of analysis done on the cause and what could have been done differently," Gallagher said.
In an unrelated incident, an electrical worker from Kansas City was injured after touching an energized line Tuesday in Spanish Lake.
That man is being treated at a hospital and is expected to recover.