Boy, 7, dies in house fire after playing with matches
St. Louis – Fire investigators in St. Louis say a 7-year-old boy who died in a house fire Saturday evening was playing with a fireplace lighter or matches when the blaze started.
Devon Cage was trapped while his grandmother and other family members, including two other children, were able to escape. They were given oxygen at the scene.
Investigators said the boy was autistic. He died from smoke inhalation.
Firefighters say the home had no working smoke detectors.