Business Support Specialist II
This listing will remain open until April 7, 2021.
St. Louis Public Radio (STLPR), a service of the University of Missouri - St. Louis (UMSL) and the region’s NPR member station, seeks a finance and administration professional to support STLPR’s director of business administration in all departmental operations. The Business Support Specialist II will play a vital role in our public service journalism mission to provide a deeper understanding and appreciation of events, ideas and cultures for a more inspired and engaged public.
STLPR’s next Business Support Specialist II will have demonstrated experience and proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office products. They will perform various fiscal, business and administrative duties in support of STLPR, all while adhering to University, campus, and department policies and procedures. And with direct support and supervision from the station’s director of business administration, the Business Support Specialist II interacts meaningfully with all STLPR departments and several other units within the University and campus. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, non-exempt, Monday - Friday position which may rarely work evenings or weekends. Overtime is rare and must be pre-approved.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Preparing large volumes of Cash Receipt Reports (CRRs) for all forms of payments received, preparing bank deposits and collaborating with appropriate STLPR, University and bank staff to reconcile discrepancies;
- Preparing CRRs to record bank fees;
- Supporting the STLPR corporate sponsorship department by:
- Posting payments to the corporate sponsorship system (Marketron) and preparing timely monthly invoices and statements;
- Preparing and posting adjustments and prepayment invoices;
- Collaborating with account representatives and manager to reconcile discrepancies;
- Serving as liaison between STLPR and University Shared Services regarding all accounts payable functions;
- Collaborating with station staff, vendors and University departments regarding contracts, quotes and other paperwork;
- Use of PeopleSoft, other University systems to perform various fiscal functions, i.e.:
- Ensuring expenses are coded and paid per established guidelines;
- Providing details to station staff and management for analysis and decision making;
- Independently offering guidance and information regarding expiring contracts, memberships, and POs;
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets;
- Verifying revenue and expense information contained within PeopleSoft;
- Completing basic journal entries;
- Attending business and fiscal training on best practices, synthesizing and communicating information and changes;
- Preparing miscellaneous invoices;
- Timekeeping and payroll activities for the STLPR staff, by serving as liaison between STLPR and payroll staff and assisting with correcting and approving timesheets using Peoplesoft HR;
- Creating reminders and sharing pertinent payroll information with staff and supervisors including deadlines;
- Assisting with timesheet training for new station staff and supervisors.
- Backup to Office Support Specialist;
- Occasionally (1-2 times yearly) work the station booth at various metropolitan fairs (e.g. St. Louis Art Fair);
- Other duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, and at least 2 years of fiscal and/or administrative experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary for consideration;
- Ability to appreciate and value diversity and inclusion in the workplace;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including demonstrated Excel experience;
- Exceptional ability to stay organized, meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Can work independently and within teams;
- Integrity and good judgement when handling confidential or sensitive information;
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptable to various work styles, identities and personalities.
$15.29 - $20.70/hr
Director of Business Administration
May supervise volunteers, interns, students and part-time staff.
St. Louis Public Radio is a service of the University of Missouri - St. Louis. To view this posting in full and to apply online, visit UMSL’s Careers page. Job ID: 36092. For questions about the University of Missouri - St. Louis application process or if we can provide accommodations to assist you in applying, email email@example.com.