This posting will remain open through May 20, 2021.
St. Louis Public Radio (STLPR) seeks two (2) part-time/on-call announcers to join the station in its mission to inform and provide a deeper understanding and appreciation of events, ideas and cultures for a more inspired and engaged public. We’re looking for people who want to share their authentic voices with STLPR listeners, and who can do so with demonstrated preparation, precision and sincerity.
Typical duties of part-time/on-call announcers include:
- Announcing information on-air during breaks in programming on KWMU 90.7 FM, i.e. weather reports and timely emergency alerts, identify stations by giving call letters and frequency, program and station event promos;
- Reading underwriting copy at specified times during broadcast or record underwriting copy for future use;
- Operating broadcast console, EAS (Emergency Broadcast) equipment and related radio production work;
- Participating in station development and promotional functions like membership drives;
- Performing related duties as assigned.
On-air broadcast experience is strongly preferred for these positions. Attention to detail, diligence in pronunciation and willingness to prepare copy, practice for on-air reading and a high-level commitment to quality delivery and accuracy are vital for success in a broadcast announcer role.
- Voice tracking experience;
- Preparation of copy for on-air breaks;
- Writing skills;
- Familiarity with FCC requirements for legal IDs.
St. Louis Public Radio is a service of the University of Missouri - St. Louis. In order to be considered for this position or to view the posting in its entirety, please visit UMSL's employment site and complete an online application. Job ID: 36580. For additional information, contact the Interim GM Tom Livingston: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to building an on-air presence representative of the St. Louis region. St. Louis Public Radio and the University of Missouri - St. Louis are equal opportunity employers. We enthusiastically welcome those from underrepresented groups to apply.