Traffic Restrictions for Tonight's Presidential Debate
St. Louis, MO – The following is a list of what roads will be closed or restricted today (Friday):
Friday, October 8th
At 9:00 a.m.
- Big Bend will be closed from Forsyth to Forest Park Parkway.
- Big Bend from Delmar to Forest Park Parkway will be limited to "local traffic only." Southbound traffic on Big Bend will be detoured at Kingsbury. Local residents will be circulated through side streets, while access to businesses located at Big Bend and Forest Park Parkway will be routed from Kingsbury to Williams to Pershing.
- Westmoreland, Maryland and Lindell will all be closed at Big Bend. In addition, access to Westmoreland at Williams, Maryland at Williams, and Lindell at Asbury will be limited to local residents and their guests.
At 11:00 a.m.
- Forest Park Parkway at Skinker will be closed to all west-bound traffic. Traffic exiting the Washington University campus may travel eastbound on Forest Park Parkway to Skinker.
- Forsyth will be closed at Skinker and Big Bend. Access on Forsyth will be limited to:
A) campus traffic exiting the campus to the east (towards Skinker) and
B) campus or debate traffic moving west from Hoyt to Wallace or Olympian Way.
- All traffic entering the campus will be directed to Skinker at Brookings Drive.
- Eastbound traffic on Forsyth from Hanley will be permitted to travel to Big Bend and then southbound.
- Northbound traffic on Big Bend will be permitted to travel to Forsyth and then westbound.
Mid-Afternoon (Time TBD)
- Big Bend will be closed from Wydown to Forsyth.
- Forsyth closes to all traffic at Asbury. Local traffic will be permitted on Forsyth between Asbury and Jackson.
For more information on traffic restrictions, click here.