Special Coverage of Senate Impeachment Trial To Air
St. Louis Public Radio | 90.7 KWMU will offer live coverage of the Senate impeachment trial from NPR as they are available. Listeners can check back at this post for upcoming special coverage dates and times that will be posted as we receive more information.
For listeners who do not wish to hear the ongoing live coverage of the trial, we will offer a stream of our regularly scheduled programs as an alternative listening option here on our website at news.stlpublicradio.org or our station mobile app. That stream is listed as “KWMU-1 Regularly Scheduled Programs” within the player at the top of every news page.
Breaking our regular format to provide this historic coverage on our main channel fulfills a key part of our mission, “to inform and provide a deeper understanding of events, ideas and cultures for a more inspired and engaged public.”
More details about the impeachment coverage:
- NPR has an in-depth guide to key people and facts related to the impeachment at npr.org/impeachment.
- We will also offer NPR's live video coverage within a post on our homepage at stlpublicradio.org
- We may pre-empt the 6 p.m. broadcast of Marketplace on days of trail coverage in order to bring analysis and context from All Things Considered, which would otherwise be missed if the the day's tiral goes into the evening hours.
- The end time of the trial each day is not defined in advance; you will hear live coverage in real time as events unfold.
More details about the "KWMU-1 Regularly Scheduled Programs" stream setup:
- The second stream with our signature local and national program mix will only be available during times of special coverage from NPR. We will take the stream down at the end of each afternoon or evening when the senate adjourns.
- The second stream will only be available online or on the station mobile app. Unfortunately smart speakers will not register it yet. It will not be available via our FM or digital FM signals.
- St. Louis on the Airwill continue to air at noon on this stream and will also air at its usual repeat time of 7 p.m. on KWMU-1.
- Morning Edition will air at its usual time on our FM signals and our primary stream, along with our regional newscasts from the St. Louis Public Radio news team.
- Listeners may direct questions or comments about this temporary program change and the additional stream to our comment line at (314) 516-6735 or email email@example.com.