On Monday’s St. Louis on the Air, host Sarah Fenske talked with our partners from Sauce Magazine about the latest additions to the St. Louis region’s food-and-beverage community.
Joining her for the discussion were Catherine Klene and Matt Sorrell, managing editor and staff writer, respectively.
The eight new restaurants to explore this month are:
iNDO (1641D Tower Grove Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110) Sauce recommends:
- James Beard Rising Star Chef of the Year Nick Bognar’s signature nigiri
- meaty, spicy chili prawns
- shrimp toast
- short-rib noodles
- lotus root chips and dip
Alta Calle (3131 S Grand Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63118) Sauce recommends:
- Los Cuatro tacos, which include selections of carne asada, carnita, crispy tofu and al pastor
- pollo pipián, a grilled chicken breast blanketed in a green mole pipián sauce
The Last Kitchen (1501 Washington Ave., St. Louis MO 63103) Sauce recommends:
- roasted half-chicken with French gnocchi
- torcino in pesto with Calabrian chili and goat cheese
- Grown Up Garlic Noodles, made with tagliatelle in a fermented black garlic sauce
Ursa Minor Coffee (5760 Chippewa St., St. Louis, MO 63109) Sauce recommends:
- espresso drinks
- iced banana milk latte
Chateau Maplewood in Maplewood (7326 Manchester Road, St. Louis, MO 63143) Sauce recommends:
- sampling several wines with its “Choose Your Own Adventure” wine flight, three 3-ounce pours of any bottle behind the bar for $15
Bob.Q (571 Melville Ave., St. Louis, MO 63130) Sauce recommends:
- Korean rice bowl consisting of rice, greens and a choice of beef bulgogi, spicy chicken, spicy pork or tofu
Up-Down St. Louis (405 N Euclid Ave., St. Louis, MO 63108) Sauce recommends:
- playing the 25-cent games, eating a slice of housemade pizza and drinking some of the daily drink specials
La Bamba (1101 Lucas Ave. #200, St. Louis, MO 63101) Sauce recommends:
- veggie fajitas
- chicken chimichanga
“St. Louis on the Air” brings you the stories of St. Louis and the people who live, work and create in our region. The show is hosted by Sarah Fenske and produced by Alex Heuer, Emily Woodbury, Evie Hemphill, Lara Hamdan and Alexis Moore. The engineer is Aaron Doerr, and production assistance is provided by Charlie McDonald.
Send questions and comments about this story to firstname.lastname@example.org.