Rizzo has been a state senator since 2017 and previously served as a House member from 2011 to 2017. His district includes parts of Kansas City.
Here’s some of what he talked about on the podcast:
- His childhood with parents involved in politics. His father served as a Missouri state representative and his mother was in local government.
- The chances of Medicaid expansion ballot initiative passing next year
- What he thinks of Missouri legislative term limits
- How Democrats might pursue gun restrictions in the future
- Democrats struggles in Missouri
- The makeover of the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library
Rizzo is a marketing consultant in addition to his job as a state senator. He received undergraduate degrees in political science and English from Rockhurst University. He is a former board member for the Truman Medical Centers and a former member of the Kansas City Planning Commission.
The podcast is sponsored by the St. Louis-based law firm of Capes Sokol.
Follow Julie on Twitter: @jsodonoghue
Follow Jaclyn on Twitter: @DriscollNPR
Follow John Rizzo on Twitter: @JohnJRizzo
Outgoing Music: "My Father's House" by Bruce Springsteen