2015 in Review: 50 years of the Gateway Arch and other notable stories of the past year
Something near and dear to the hearts of St. Louisans celebrated the big 5-0 this year. That would be the Gateway Arch. On Monday’s “St. Louis on the Air,” we talked about the anniversary as well as other anniversaries that were marked in the region this year.
Joining us was Mary Delach Leonard, St. Louis Public Radio’s work/life reporter who spearheaded coverage of the Arch anniversary as well as the other stories that made an impact on her this year.
Some stories of note:
- This app, produced by Leonard and Brent Jones, which compiles all of St. Louis Public Radio's Arch anniversary coverage
- Builders of the Gateway Arch say it was a monumental task — and an honor
- This coffin is fit for a president; it'll be used at the reenactment of Abraham Lincoln's funeral
- Yogi Berra's St. Louis family gathers to celebrate the life of the baseball legend
- Final curtain: The damaged Goldenrod Showboat poses for pictures one last time
"St. Louis on the Air" discusses issues and concerns facing the St. Louis area. The show is produced by Mary Edwards, Alex Heuer and Kelly Moffitt and hosted by veteran journalist Don Marsh. Follow us on Twitter and join the conversation at @STLonAir.