The public may finally see proposed changes for the Edward Jones Dome on May 14, according Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster.
In a release to the media this afternoon, Koster said that the state "intends to comply with an open records request regarding proposals made on upgrading the Edward Jones Dome" and "will provide the documents to the requesting party on Monday, May 14, unless a court rules that the records should remain closed."
The requesting party on this particular request was KTVI-TV in St. Louis.
The records will be released "unless a court rules that the records should remain closed," the release states.
Could the records be held back by a court action? Perhaps.
A series of complicating legal steps were taken last week, both by The St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. The newspaper has filed numerous Missouri Sunshine Law requests related to the Dome upgrades.
Koster's office told St. Louis Public Radio that the "court ruling" referenced in the release is, indeed, the series of legal proceedings with the Post-Dispatch, and also that the court would be informed of Koster's intentions.
In short, if no decision is reached in the case between the Post-Dispatch and the CVC ruling otherwise, by the end of the day May 14, Koster will release the records.