Several construction projects to impact weekend traffic in St. Louis
Several construction projects will impact traffic on metro area interstates this weekend, mainly around downtown St. Louis and I-270 near I-44.
- Starting at 8 p.m. on Friday, all eastbound lanes on Interstate 64 from Jefferson to the Poplar Street Bridge will be closed until 3 a.m. on Monday, July 25. Crews will be performing earthquake retrofit work and making repairs on the bridge's driving surface.
- During the same time period, the Poplar Street Bridge will have two lanes closed in both directions. Access to the Poplar Street Bridge from I-55 and I-70 will remain open. Crews will be performing bridge deck repairs and painting work.
- MoDOT suggests motorists use alternate routes to get into downtown, such as the Eads, McKinley or Martin Luther King bridges. Another option is to take Interstate 270/255 to Interstate 55.
- Additionally, the eastbound I-44 exit ramp to southbound I-270 will close Friday at 9 p.m. and reopen at 5 a.m. on Monday, July 25. Two lanes on southbound I-270 will also be closed this weekend, from 8 p.m. on Friday until 10 a.m. on Monday.
- The ramp from southbound I-270 to eastbound I-44 will be closed from 9 p.m. on Saturday until 7 a.m. Sunday, July 24. Crews will be making repairs on two bridges on southbound I-270 between I-44 and Gravois Road.
Drivers can plan ahead to avoid workzones by calling 1-888-ASK-MODOT or by visiting www.modot.org/stlouis/. Also, motorists can get up-to-the-minute traffic information on interstates or major state routes by dialing 5-1-1 from most cell phones.