Weekend Traffic Update
Thu July 21, 2011
Several construction projects to impact weekend traffic in St. Louis
Several construction projects will impact traffic on metro area interstates this weekend, mainly around downtown St. Louis and I-270 near I-44.
- Starting at 8 p.m. on Friday, all eastbound lanes on Interstate 64 from Jefferson to the Poplar Street Bridge will be closed until 3 a.m. on Monday, July 25. Crews will be performing earthquake retrofit work and making repairs on the bridge's driving surface.
- During the same time period, the Poplar Street Bridge will have two lanes closed in both directions. Access to the Poplar Street Bridge from I-55 and I-70 will remain open. Crews will be performing bridge deck repairs and painting work.
- MoDOT suggests motorists use alternate routes to get into downtown, such as the Eads, McKinley or Martin Luther King bridges. Another option is to take Interstate 270/255 to Interstate 55.
- Additionally, the eastbound I-44 exit ramp to southbound I-270 will close Friday at 9 p.m. and reopen at 5 a.m. on Monday, July 25. Two lanes on southbound I-270 will also be closed this weekend, from 8 p.m. on Friday until 10 a.m. on Monday.
- The ramp from southbound I-270 to eastbound I-44 will be closed from 9 p.m. on Saturday until 7 a.m. Sunday, July 24. Crews will be making repairs on two bridges on southbound I-270 between I-44 and Gravois Road.
Drivers can plan ahead to avoid workzones by calling 1-888-ASK-MODOT or by visiting www.modot.org/stlouis/. Also, motorists can get up-to-the-minute traffic information on interstates or major state routes by dialing 5-1-1 from most cell phones.
Daniel Boone Bridge