St. Louis named recipient of IBM "Smarter Cities" grant
By Kelsey Proud • Mar 9, 2011
What does the grant entail? And how will it be used in St. Louis?
According to the Post-Dispatch:
- IBM will give the city up to $400,000 worth of services to help it better analyze and use data to provide city services.
- A spokeswoman for Mayor Francis Slay said the St. Louis project will focus on public safety.
- A team of IBM consultants will spend several weeks here studying the use of data and technology in the city's various law enforcement agencies "from arrest to probation."
- Over the next three years, IBM said that it plans to give $50 million worth of grants to 100 cities.
- IBM is focusing the grants on different areas such as healthcare, education, transportation and energy.