On Monday’s St. Louis on the Air, host Sarah Fenske talked with our partners from Sauce Magazine about the latest additions to the St. Louis region’s food-and-beverage scene.
Joining this month’s Hit List segment discussion were Heather Hughes Huff and Meera Nagarajan, managing editor and art director, respectively.
The Sauce team praised the following three new openings:
The Tenderloin Room, (The Chase Park Plaza, 232 Kingshighway Blvd., St. Louis) Sauce recommends:
- a Rat Pack cocktail, made with Old Overholt rye, Luxardo amaro, Angostura bitters and a Laphroaig mist
- a cup of French onion soup
- bananas Foster
Recess (4500 Swan Ave., St. Louis) Sauce recommends:
- limitless ping pong matches, Jenga and bags competitions
- local beer from 2nd Shift Brewing
Noto (5105 Westwood Drive, St. Peters) Sauce recommends:
- an artichoke- and Parmesan-laden Noto salad
- an order of fritte: fried pizza-dough balls tossed in Pecorino Romano and served with marinara for dipping
- corzetti: a unique dish of coin-sized, stamped pasta rounds served with pesto, pine nuts and garlic
Listen to the full discussion:
“St. Louis on the Air” brings you the stories of St. Louis and the people who live, work and create in our region. The show is hosted by Sarah Fenske and produced by Alex Heuer, Emily Woodbury, Evie Hemphill and Lara Hamdan. The engineer is Aaron Doerr, and production assistance is provided by Charlie McDonald.