5 new restaurants to try this January
Sauce Magazine released its January Hit List of five new restaurants to start off 2022 right, whether you’re eating in-person or ordering takeout.
Sauce Executive Editor Meera Nagarajan joined Tuesday’s St. Louis on the Air to rave about the magazine’s staff picks for January. Nagarajan also discussed a peculiar trend in the St. Louis restaurant scene: local eateries recreating Taco Bell’s iconic Crunchwrap Supreme, often with vegetarian or vegan ingredients. Nagarajan promised that all versions meet “the crunch factor” but said vegan pop-up 12oh7 comes the closest to replicating the fast-food item.
Sauce’s January 2022 Hit List:
- Beets & Bones, 8401 Maryland Ave., Clayton
- Wild Crush Wine Barn, 13360 Clayton Road, Town & Country
- Pipers Tea & Coffee, 3701 S. Kingshighway Blvd., St. Louis
- Platypus, 4501 Manchester Ave., St. Louis
- Bowood by Niche, 4605 Olive St., St. Louis
Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme takes:
- The “Munchwrap Seoulpreme” at Seoul Taco, locations in St. Louis, University City and Chesterfield
- The “Crunchy Wrap” at Terror Tacos, 3191 S. Grand Blvd., St. Louis
- The “Crunchywrap” at 12oh7, (only open on Tuesdays), 6 N. Sarah St., St. Louis
“St. Louis on the Air” brings you the stories of St. Louis and the people who live, work and create in our region. The show is hosted by Sarah Fenske and produced by Alex Heuer, Emily Woodbury, Evie Hemphill and Kayla Drake. Jane Mather-Glass is our production assistant. The audio engineer is Aaron Doerr.